Twitter Bans Crypto Ads Following Similar Announcements From Facebook And Google

Twitter has joined Facebook to ban crypto marketing on its site, crypto exchanges will also be banned from advertising, with some exceptions. The development came after a similar announcement by digital giants Google this month and Facebook in January. The report also said that Twitter will put a lock on ads for crypto wallets, initials coin offerings (ICOs), and digital token sales as reported by Reuters. The high interest in bitcoin and other cryptos in the last year has garnered great attention, coupled with the possibility of scams and frauds.

Billions of dollars have been raised by companies with ICOs by offering initial bonuses as well as crowdfunding through crypto assets. It is believed that these cannot be literarily referred to as fraud but they actually are if technically considered. This is because most of these companies do not have any source of revenue, customers or even a product, real or virtual. It is no news that such companies are not safe for investment and putting cash into them may lead to substantial losses compared to those incurred in the traditional stock market.

Financial experts have invested their time and resources into educating people of the risk involved in putting cash into cryptocurrency investment. Many other companies and financial institution are also absolving themselves from anything that has to do with these virtual currencies. It is reported that Snap has also followed the same path by banning advertisements for ICOs. Social media and technology companies also hold the same view as they are restricting the ads.

Now, Twitter has also made an announcement with regards to cryptocurrency ads on its platform. However, the CEO of Twitter does not seem to hold the same opinion as he is reported to have said to The Sunday Times that bitcoin will rapidly grow to become 

Advertisements

British Man That was Injured While Helping Finland Attack Victims Says He Is Not A Hero

New reports reveal that the man who was hurt while trying to help Finland attack victims says he is not a hero. The British man, Hassan Zubier who was injured while assisting victims of a suspected terror attack in Finland has said: “I am not a hero,” when he was addressed as such.

Photo Credit: Twitter/DailyMirror

British Man That was Injured While Helping Finland Attack Victims Says He Is Not A Hero

The attack occurred in the city of Turku, which is about 90 miles west of the country’s capital, Helsinki. It left two Finnish women murdered and seven others injured, including Hassan Zubier, in the knife rampage.

It is reported by The Guardian that a Sweden newspaper Expressen reveals that Zubier is a Kent-born paramedic who is now living in Sweden. The report also stated that the paramedic was stabbed while he was trying to save other people from the terror attack, including a woman who reportedly died in his arms.

“I am not a hero. I did what I was trained for. I did my best and more,” Zubier told the BBC. This is amazing as many would have jumped on the idea of being addressed as a hero. Meanwhile, it is reported that a Foreign Office spokesperson stated that “Our staff has offered support to a British man following an incident in Finland.”

Reports have that the attack which was described as “a likely terror act” by Finland’s security intelligence service also left an Italian, a Swede and Four Finns badly injured. Meanwhile, the police said the suspected attacker is an 18-year-old Moroccan man who appeared to have targeted only women. The police department added he was shot and arrested by police officers. Four other Moroccans that are suspected to be involved in the attack have also been arrested.

Death Toll Rises To 20 In The Konduga Suicide Bombing Attack

New reports reveal that at least 20 people have been confirmed dead in the Konduga suicide bombing attack. According to reports, the Tuesday suicide bombing attack on the Konduga community has claimed the lives of around 20 people and left eight others critically injured.

Photo Credit: Twitter/DaloriMassacre

Death Toll Rises To 20 In The Konduga Suicide Bombing Attack

The twin suicide bombing attack was launched on Mandarari town of Konduga Local Government Area, which is about 25 kilometers to the southeast of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital. The terrorist attack was initiated at about 5:50 pm on Tuesday.

Although not much is known about the deadly attack, it is reported by Sahara Reporters that a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) revealed to its correspondent that the death toll will likely rise above 30. This information was obtained when the rescue operations were still underway. The JTF spokesperson added that the attack occurred at a motor park.

According to a report on the Channelstv website, the spokesperson for the JTF added that the attack was launched by three suicide bombers, two of which are females and the other a male. The report added that the bombers took turn to detonate the Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) that were strapped around their bodies.

The recent attack was launched not long after the Nigerian Military allowed Mobile Strike Teams into the Theatre of operation in order to improve the efficiency of its operations. It is reported that the sounds of heavy ammunition being shot could still be heard from a distance at 10:00 pm on Tuesday.

Sa

Save

Boko Haram Update: Terrorist Group Releases A Video Mocking The Muhammadu Buhari Administration

Photo Credit: Twitter/eazyfeeds

Boko Haram Update: Terrorist Group Releases A Video Mocking The Muhammadu Buhari Administration

New updates reveal that the Islamic extremist terrorist group popularly known as Boko Haram has released a new video. According to reports, the new video mocks the Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari, former president Goodluck Jonathan, and the current chief of army staff, Lt. Gen. Yusuf Buratai.

It is reported by Sahara Reporters that the video features the leader of the terrorist group, Abubakar Shekau as well as a few other members dressed in their usual camouflage and holding weapons. The report added that the 36-minute video showcases Shekau speaking in Arabic. All he reportedly said was hurtful and defamatory remarks about the current administration and how they have failed to stop the group in their so called jihad.

Although the Muhammadu Buhari administration has previously stated that the Boko Haram terrorist group have been technically defeated, Nigerians keep seeing otherwise with every passing day. This is mostly because the group still stage attacks on local communities through out the affected areas. The destructive activities of the group are mostly carried out in some parts of northeastern Nigerian including Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe.

Meanwhile, it is reported that the new video was released not long after the group staged an attack in a remote community called Amarwa in Borno state. They engage in using catastrophic methods like suicide bombings and kidnappings to achieve their goals.
The activities of the Boko Haram terrorist group centers on attacking and destroying the lives and properties of the citizens since the insurgency first started in 2009.

It is reported that the group which was established in 2002, has been linked to over 20,000 deaths throughout Nigeria. It is also responsible for the displacement of more than 2.3 million people in both Nigerian and the greater lake chad region.

However, the new video ended with the leader of the group shooting sporadically into the sky. It is still not clear if the group has been defeated as the Nigerian government says one thing and the group says another, but stay tuned for more Boko Haram update.

Study Finds That People Who Drink 3 To 4 Times Per Week Are Less Likely To Develop Diabetes Compared To Abstainers

A recent study conducted by researchers at the National Institute of Public Health of the University of Southern Denmark on the relationship between alcohol consumption and diabetes have found that frequent alcohol consumption is associated with a reduced risk of having diabetes. According to reports, the authors of the new study found that persons who consume alcohol at least 3 to 4 times a week are less likely to have diabetes.

It is reported by Science Daily that previous studies conducted on the topic found that moderate alcohol consumption is associated with a lower risk of diabetes. This is said to be in comparison to individuals who do not drink at all. However, previous findings have shown that heavy alcohol consumption is associated with a risk that is equal or even higher than that of abstainers.

Meanwhile, it is reported that the findings of previous studies, which only considered numbers of drinking days per week instead of the volume consumed in relation to diabetes are inconsistent. In addition, the report states that the findings of previous studies on the effects of certain types of beverage are also inconclusive. But the new study conducted by Professor Janne Tolstrup and her colleagues investigated the effects of drinking volumes on the risk of diabetes.

The researchers obtained the data used to conduct the study from DAHNES (the Danish Health Examination Survey) from 2007 to 2008. The data comprise of the self-reports of Danish citizens who are between the age of 18 and over on health and lifestyle. According to Medical Express, those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, pregnant women, recently given birth were excluded from the study. It is believed that these conditions could prevent such individuals from drinking.

The study involved 70,551 DAHNES participants who reported on their alcohol consumption as well as follow up information collected until 2012 with a median follow up of 4.9 years. The researchers distinguished between abstainers for a lifetime, and current abstinence so as to avoid bias in the findings as current abstinence could be as a result of rising medical conditions. The questionnaire also distinguished between the participant’s alcohol consumption frequencies: 1 day per week; 1-2 days per week; 3-4 days per week and 5-7 days per week.

ALCAHOL 2

Study Finds That People Who Drink 3 To 4 Times Per Week Are Less Likely To Develop Diabetes Compared To Abstainers

The researchers further adjusted the data based on sex, age, the level of education, smoking status, body mass index, diet leisure time activity, family history of diabetes, as well as current or previous hypertension. The researchers found that 859 men and 887 women developed diabetes during the follow-up study. They also found that individuals who consumed alcohol moderately had the lowest risk of developing diabetes.

They also found that men who consumed 14 drinks per week have a 43% lower risk of diabetes compared to those who do not consume alcohol while women who consumed 9 drinks per week had a 58% lower risk compared to women who abstain from drinking. However, the authors found that those who consumed alcohol 3 to 4 days a week have a 27% lower risk of diabetes for men and a 32% in women compared to those who drink 1 day per week or less.

Meanwhile, the study authors found no relationship between binge drinking and the risk of diabetes. They believe that these may be due to the low statistical power, as only a few participants reported binge drinking. The researchers published their findings in Diabetologia – the journal of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.

Save

The Remains Of Another 9/11 Victim Has Been Identified!

Photo C redit: Twitter/thetimes

The Remains Of Another 9/11 Victim Has Been Identified!

Latest updates reveal that the remains of a victim of the 9/11 attack have been identified. According to reports, the remains of a 9/11 victim has been identified after 16 years of the terror attack. This is the first identification since the last one in March 2015. The airliner attacks popularly referred to as the 9/11 killed a sum total of almost 3,000 people at the Pentagon in New York, and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

According to a recent report by The Guardian, this achievement has been made possible by a more sensitive DNA technology that is used to tests bone fragments. Now, after two years the new technology has made it possible to make another identification. It is reported that a statement from the New York City medical examiner’s office stated that based on a request made by the family of the identified victim, his name was withheld.

As already stated above, the recent identification is the first since March 2015 and the process is still ongoing. It is reported by USNews that the medical examiner’s office utilizes both DNA testing and several other means to match bone fragments to the 2,753 people who lost their lives by the acts of hijackers who crashed airplanes into the twin towers on September 11, 2001.

The report also states that the remains of up to 40% of individuals who lost their lives in the attack are still unidentified, as only the remains of 1,641 persons have been identified so far. The new DNA technology used to test bone fragments was reportedly deployed earlier this year. It has made the new identification possible, after several initial testing yielded no result, according to the examiner’s office on Monday.

It is reported that with the advancement of DNA testing technology, staff’s at the medical examiner’s office have not relented in their attempt to link more than 21,900 pieces of remains to victims. Although the body of some victims was recovered full after the incident, the effects of bacteria, heat, and chemicals after the towers were burnt down has made it impossible to identify the remains.

Other reports state that the process of identification at the medical examiner’s office came to involve pulverizing the bone fragments to extract DNA and comparing it to a collection of genetic material obtained from victims and their relatives. However, it is reported that most of the DNA profiles generated belong to victims that have already been identified. In other circumstances, the scientists will have to return to the same bone fragment severally to check if a new technology will provide answers.

Watch: Amazing Kids Interrupt BBC Expert’s Interview; Grandma Thinks She May Be To Blame

C6j2N4TVAAQGBx1Updates have revealed that the grandmother of the two children who went viral after interrupting their father’s live interview on the BBC says she may be to blame for the children’s action. A professor at the Department of Political Science in Pusan, South Korea, Robert Kelly was having an interview with BBC News on the President’s impeachment yesterday via webcam from his home when his children came into to the interview room.

Amazingly, in a video clip which has recently gone viral only, the BBC presenter, James Menendez, and Professor Kelly tried to continue with the interview as Professor Kelly’s four-year-old daughter, Marion entered the room and started grinning playfully at the camera. A little while after Marion entered the interview room, she was soon followed by her nine-month-old brother, James in a walker.

However, the grandmother of these children, Ellen Kelly has now revealed that she thinks she may have been partially responsible for the unexpected incident, even though she found the incident hilarious. Mirror reported that Professor Kelly’s mother and her husband Joseph live in Ohio, in the United States.

Ellen Kelly also revealed that she and her husband regularly communicate with her son and grandchildren in the same room via Skype. “The kids probably heard voices coming from the computer and assumed it was us,” Ellen told Mail Online “It was just hilarious,” she added.


Meanwhile, the brilliant television moment concluded with Professor Kelly’s wife, Jung-a Kim rushing into the room and desperately pulling the children out of the room. But, even with that, the children could be heard yelling as Professor Robert Kelly calmly carried on with his discussion on the South Korean situation, according to Daily record.

The newsreader laughed and thanked Professor Kelly at the end of the segment. He continued to say, “That is a first time for everything. I think you’ve got some children who need you!”

However, even with all the scenes in the interview room, Professor Kelly did not seem to be distracted. A BBC spokesperson later said that there are really grateful to the Professor for the professionalism he displayed. “This just goes to show that live broadcasting isn’t always child’s play,” he added.

Roger Stone, loyalist of Donald Trump Admits He Was In Contact with Russian DNC hacker ‘Guccifer’

Latest updates have revealed that one of President Donald Trump’s top confidante and consultant on Friday, admitted having been in contact with the hackers who are the prime suspects of the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) computer and email accounts hacking. However, the loyalist, Roger Stone has described his discussions with the suspected hacker as completely innocuous.

It is reported that Roger Stone stated that the messages he exchanged online with exchanged with the Twitter handle, who is suspected to be behind the hack of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign chief John Podesta are “completely innocuous.”

“It was so perfunctory, brief and banal I had forgotten it,” says Roger Stone to The Washington Times on Friday. But, even though Roger Stone have previously denied the allegations, he is said to have confirmed a recent report by an online news outlet, The Smoking Gun.

The Smoking Gun is the first online news site to report on Wednesday that Roger Stone had exchanged private messages with the online hacker called Guccifer 2.0. Guccifer 2.0, ‘as mentioned above is the online persona that the United States investigators suspect to have been created by the Russian government.

According to Mail Online, the hacker is accused of distributing and publicizing stolen emails that are obtained through an illegal hacking of DNC computers and Gmail accounts which belong to the staffers of Hillary Clinton.

Although the hacker has stated that he was acting alone and on his own free will, the United States intelligence community believes the Guccifer 2.0 was employed and controlled by Russian military intelligence.

However, it is reported that Roger Stone initially stated that he could not remember exchanging private messages with the hacker, which according to reports, Stone has described as a hero in the past. Roger Stone is said to have defended Guccifer 2.0 after the hacker temporarily suspended his Twitter account following his admission that he hacked into the DNC computers and email accounts.

The hacker, Guccifer 2.0 is said to have published a blog post on June 15 of last year, in which he admitted to being responsible for hacking into DNC computers and email accounts. It is also reported that the FBI has obtained numerous private conversation that took place between Roger Stone and the hacker.

According to reports, Roger Stone asked the hacker, Guccifer 2.0 to retweet an article he wrote on the rigged presidential election. It is also reported that last summer, Roger Stone himself wrote an article for Breitbart in which he praised Guccifer 2.0 for hacking the DNC computers. But Roger Stone is said to have denied that the Russian Government had anything to do with the hack.

Currently, Roger Stone and some other former Trump advisers, such as Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn are under critical investigation by the FBI for their alleged contacts with Russian government officials during the period of the presidential campaign.